As per the order of Supreme Court of India and subsequent Notification from University Grants Commission (UGC), ragging constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students on:
- Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
- Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity.
- Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, hardship, Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension.
- Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
- Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health.
- Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc.
- Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to the human dignity.
- Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
- Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
Punishment to those found guilty
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or even outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments
- Debarring from appearing in any Unit test / Semester Examination
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits
- Suspension from the college
- Cancellation of the admission
- Withholding the results.
Responsibilities of Anti Ragging Cell
- The functions of Anti-Ragging Squad will be to keep a vigil and stop the incidences of Ragging.
- The Squad will also educate the students at large by adopting various means about the menace of Ragging and related Punishments there to.
- A gamut of positive reinforcement activities are adopted by Anti-Ragging Squad for orienting students and moulding their personality for a better cause.
Members of Anti-Ragging Cell:
- D. Seghar, Principal
- Siva. Murugesan Assistant Professor, Dept. of Tamil
- T.Kirubanandhan Assistant Professor and Head, Dept. of Commerce
- R.Subathra Devi, Assistant Professor and Head, Dept. of Computer Applications