The cell is formed to resolve the women’s grievances regarding gender discrimination and sexual harassment complaints.
For gender equality and gender justice in all its intervention and practices Woman Grievance Redressal Cell established in our college under the THE NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR WOMEN ACT, 1990 (Act No. 20 of 1990) of Govt. of India.
The Cell is responsible for looking into any complaints filed by students and staff about Woman Grievances at the college through personal contact or digital medium.
According to the Hon. Supreme Court of India definition of sexual harassment is any unwelcome sexually determined behavior, such as:
- Physical contact and advances
- Demand or request for sexual favours
- Sexually colored remarks
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
The functions of the cell are to purely safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members of women and also to provide a platform for listening to complaints. The Cell also tries to incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college. It tries to equip them with the knowledge of their legal rights and redressal of their grievances.
To facilitate speedy delivery of justice, meetings are organized regularly. The cell conducts seminars and lectures by specialists and eminent personalities to stop violence against women, sexual harassment at work and about health, hygiene etc.
The members of Women’s Grievance Redressal Cell:
- V.Annamma, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Mathematics
- R.P.Meena, Asst. Professor and Head, Dept. of Chemistry
- D.Glory, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Tamil
- G.Shanmugapriya, Asst. Professor, Dept. of English
- Grace, Librarian
- S.Nandhini, II M.Sc., Mathematics